3.10.2007

dancedancedance

So last night I was sitting here on my beautiful oh beautiful macbook, making a new play list on my i-tunes called "dance dance" and I thought to myself...

'self, what songs make you want to get up and dance?'

Then I realized, I want to know what songs make YOU want to get up and dance! Then I can have a really great play list and maybe learn a bit about you, my oh so faithful readers.

So if you had to pick 3 songs, what ones would for sure make you...

GET UP OFF YOUR BUTT AND DANCE?

4 comments:

jamie said...

I don't really dance much but one of the songs that really make me want to get up and move is "Family Affair" my Mary J Blige... luuuuuurve that song yo!

Angela Oliver said...

Everybody dance now
(C+C Music Factory)
he he he

YMCA
(Village people)
a classic

Holla Back Girl
(gwen stefani)
I don't know if I'd dance to it...but I like it.

Ryan said...

Heaven is closer -dario G (wade uses a wicked remix in a lot of his stuff)

99 red ballons (orginally nena, but the goldfinger cover makes me wanna mosh like crazy)

Jump around -house of pain

The Overworked Barista said...

I really love the Of Montreal The Sundlandic Twins for dancing crazy like to. The song "Wraith Pinned to the mist and other games" is great from it. I'd usually move right into "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service, because it's got cheerily wonderful lyrics. Also the theme to triplets of Belleville makes me want to learn how to perform a vaudeville show. It's this weird French animated movie with no words. A lot of the times though I'm weird and sometimes I like slow dancing and listen to artists like Madeleine Peyroux, slow...sultry makes you think of fedoras and coat tails. "Dance Me to the End of Love" from her Careless Love CD comes to mind, but "I'm alright" is a little more upbeat from her Half The Perfect World