2.26.2007

I am in the van on a very bumpy road writing a blogpost in my Word program. I still need to figure out how to use all the options. We are currently driving through the Rocky Mountains and let me tell you, it is beautiful. Every time I am around a mountain the size of who God is just hits me like a ton of bricks. And they are so gorgeous. I can't imagine living away from them. So far today I saw a minx, deer and mountain sheep. I love seeing wild animals. I've been hoping to spot a bear because I have never encountered one before. But then I realized they are sleeping right now.

My trip was really good. We spoke in churches, at mission's conferences, in youth groups and in homes. I met a colourful array of people. Different backgrounds, different personalities. I grew to know and love my team more. I was taught lessons and the trip - Overall - *Being stranded in freakgina included* was worth it.

It seems weird that I will be back in Vancouver tonight. I have been away a whole month. I'm not quite sure how I feel about being back. Going back to reality. Pay bills. Go to work. Get groceries. Although, I am excited about seeing some friends again.
It's weird to think that I have so many opportunities and options right now about what to do next. I still have no idea what direction to turn, but I know that there will be a change. Maybe a big one.

Either way, no matter what I do, something that has been on my mind a lot lately is this verse. I want to live this, I want to find this.

"Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight reign on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
- James

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hannah... you write so well. become an author.

nakedpastor said...

come back for steak and wine soon

jenna deyong said...

my hannah banana is returning! yay! i was hoping it wasn't going to be too much later because of the van trouble... i'll be gone this weekend camping in WA, but let's meet up early next week, hey? i've missed you, my friend! love to you..