12.06.2006

Perseverance

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown

Lately I have been thinking a lot about what I do. what I believe.
Don't freak out, I'm ok!


But I really am starting to realize that the road of salvation is thin, and not always easy. Lots of sacrifice. Lots of faith.

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~Japanese Proverb

There are lots for time I just dont want to do it anymore. Sometimes it feels like those unbelievably special times with God are few and far between. Sometimes I dont trust that I really heard His voice.
It makes me think of that verse that talks about it is better to be hot or cold, and that luke warm is the worst. Well I don't want to be luke warm, and I know that I could never live my life cold.
I guess its all the stuff that He does in the background that I don't see, which makes my life what it is. But I want to see. I want Him to like hit me with a lighting bolt or something.

I've been reading through the Chronicles of Narnia lately and these books are speaking to me in a way that I haven't been spoken too before. I wish I was Lucy and that i could run up to Aslan and let my face be enveloped with His mane. I want to sail to the ends of the earth and drink the sweet ocean water that makes it so I do not need food or drink, and that I can stare into the light. I want him to strip the dragon scales off my body, even if it is painful, and throw me into the coolest, calmest most refreshing pool of water you have ever seen.






1 comment:

nakedpastor said...

and i'll pray that it'll happen!